Bio Bidet Toilet Seat Compatibility Guide
Interested in purchasing a bidet seat or bidet attachment, but not sure if it’s compatible with your toilet? This Bio Bidet toilet compatibility guide will walk you through how to measure your toilet for a bidet seat or attachment to make sure you order one that will fit.
Our bidet seats and attachments fit on most modern toilets; however, they may not be compatible with some older or specialty models.
Most of our bidet seats, like our Slim Two bidet seat, come in either elongated or rounded models to fit almost any toilet. Our bidet attachments fit under both elongated and rounded toilet seats.
There are two main types of toilet bowls: elongated and round. Older and more basic toilets are round, while more modern, deluxe toilets have an elongated bowl.
Elongated toilets are more oval-shaped than round, as shown in the diagram below. If you're uncertain about which type you have – here’s how to measure your toilet for a bidet seat or attachment:
- To measure the length of the bowl, locate the two mounting bolts at the seat hinge. From there, measure to the very front of the toilet bowl in a straight line. That straight line measurement will be about 16-1/2 inches if the bowl is round, and 18-1/12 inches if your bowl is elongated.
- You'll also need to measure the distance between the toilet bolt holes. Any distance shorter than 5.5 inches or greater than 7.5 inches will likely be incompatible.
- The last measurement you’ll need to confirm is the distance between the bolt holes and the toilet tank, which should be no less than 1.5 inches.
The Difference Between One-piece and Two-piece Toilets
In addition to elongated and round toilets, there are also one-piece and two-piece toilets to be aware of. Here are the descriptions of the two types of toilets:
- A one-piece toilet is sculpted into a seamless unit and has no crevices between the tank and bowl.
- A two-piece toilet is one that has a separate tank and bowl that are bolted together upon installation.
Bio Bidet products are designed to fit almost all one-piece and two-piece toilets. However, there are some exceptions such as certain frech curve style toilets. Bio Bidet seats and attachments don’t fit well on deep french curve toilets as the design and shape of these have limited space near the mounting bolts.
If you have a one-piece toilet with a deep French curve, please contact us with the make and model of your toilet for a compatibility check.